Archived Tissue Donation
Donation of any available ‘extra’ tumor tissue that is stored at hospitals where you have been treated is important for advancing biological study of rrHBL, and will be requested as part of the Registry. Once patients are enrolled in the rrHBL Registry, the Registry coordinator will reach out to the patient’s treating institution(s) to inquire about archived tissue availability. If your patient is not yet enrolled and is interested in joining the Registry, please have them contact us at 844-722-8774 (Option 1) or rrHBLRegistry@cchmc.org.
Fresh Tissue Donation
In order to develop tumor models, researchers benefit from obtaining fresh tissue to work with in their labs. The tumor models developed are a vital component to developing potential therapeutic agents to treat rrHBL. If you have a patient interested in donating fresh tissue to the Registry, please direct them to follow the steps below.
How patients can donate tissue to the rrHBL Registry
- Enroll on the rrHBL Registry
- Contact the registry at 844-722-8774 (Option 1) or rrHBLRegistry@cchmc.org and provide following information:
- Name of hospital or place of procedure (biopsy or surgery)
- Name of surgeon and/or primary oncologist
- Date of planned procedure
- Registry staff will promptly follow up with your patient and/or their family if further information is needed, and then coordinate proper collection and shipment of samples.